A message from the Principal
Tuesday, March 17th, 2020 in News.
RE: Covid-19 Update
I wish to advise, based on information from the Ministry of Education and Health, that the following actions are being taken to ensure the safety of your children.
- As you are aware, the rugby trip to Hawaii and service trip to Samoa have been cancelled.
- All major secondary school sporting events in NZ have been cancelled.
- The Board of Trustees and Senior Leadership Team are reviewing school camps, Noho Marae, full school assemblies, retreats and school Masses. We will advise as soon as possible the outcome of these discussions.
- The Board of Trustees and Senior Leadership Team have established a
Pandemic Committee which will advise and respond to developments
concerning this virus.
- The school is completing a review of its readiness to teach your children by distance learning in the unlikely event that the school has to close. We are confident that we are well prepared if this should happen.
- The school is ensuring your children are receiving appropriate health
information which we would like you to reinforce at home. Soap and paper hand towels are available in all of our toilets, as well as hand sanitiser in all high traffic areas.
- We are endeavouring as best as possible, to keep school, “business as
usual”. This includes providing a high quality, safe learning environment for your children. It is important that you and your children keep well informed on Covid-19 by viewing the Ministry of Health website.
- If your child is unwell for any reason please keep them at home. I would also encourage you to stay healthy by eating well, getting sufficient sleep and exercise and staying hydrated.